Here at Cakes By The Sea it is so important that you not only love the look of your cake, but that you enjoy eating it too. The proof is definitely in the pudding. The below are recipes I have tried and tested over time and are my most popular requested cake flavours. If there is another flavour that you’d like to have, let me know and I will see what I can do.
- Traditional vanilla flavoured sponge with raspberry jam and Madagascan vanilla buttercream
- Rich chocolate fudge cake filled with either vanilla or milk chocolate buttercream or a decadent white chocolate ganache
- Zesty lemony sponge filled with lemon curd buttercream and a drizzle of lemon curd
- Sticky Toffee Pudding cake filled with a toffee flavoured buttercream with salted caramel fudge pieces
- Raspberry and coconut sponge cake filled with a raspberry and vanilla flavoured buttercream
- White Chocolate and Raspberry sponge cake filled with either a raspberry buttercream or a white chocolate buttercream.
- Cookies & Cream - Cookies and cream filled light sponge with a crushed cookies buttercream
- Cherry Bakewell cake filled with almond flavoured buttercream, cherry jam and toasted flaked almonds
- Carrot cake filled with a deliciously sweet maple syrup buttercream
- Caramel sponge filled with a salted caramel buttercream and a drizzle of caramel
- Espresso Martini Cake with coffee and kahlua flavoured buttercream (contains alcohol)
- Battenburg sponge with apricot jam and almond buttercream, topped with marzipan
- Fruit cake filled with apricot jam and covered in marzipan
All cakes (unless requested) will be covered in a layer of either milk/dark or white chocolate ganache and covered with the absolute best fondant icing.
Each cake I produce is completely unique to you and created and designed specifically to your own personal requirements. Typically, once you have decided on the flavour cake you want and the style of cake you would like I will produce a design for you along with a quotation for the total cake cost. Please see my pricing guide for starting from prices, these prices are for a 3 layer standard 5 inch tall cake with simple decorations and a covered board with a ribbon. Any additional models/flowers/macarons. drip etc will need to be added to this guide price. Also note that fruit cakes will be at a supplement to traditional sponge cakes. Carved cakes and 3D cakes are also more expensive due to additional supports and internal structures being required to keep the cakes stable. This is a completely bespoke service, I will design you a cake that is tailored to you, and hope that you fall in love with the design, and are wowed when you see the final cake.
Full payment for cakes will need to be received at least three weeks ahead of the collection date via bank transfer. All cake quotations must be agreed in writing by you ahead of this date. Cakes will not be booked into the diary without this agreed quotation. Work will not start on the cake without full payment being received. For a full refund the date must be cancelled two weeks prior to the cake due date. If the cake is cancelled after this point then no monies will be refunded.
We retain the right to cancel the booking in very unusual circumstances which are beyond our control. If this were to occur, all monies will be refunded in full.
All Celebration cakes must be picked up from the Cake Studio in Broadstairs at a pre agreed date and time. The transportation of the cake is the client’s responsibility, all cakes will be boxed up securely, but we would recommend that a non-slip mat is purchased to put the cake box on in the car. We would not suggest that cakes should be transported on passengers laps or in the foot well of a car. The best position is in an empty boot with non-slip matting underneath. We would suggest driving carefully and slowly to ensure the cake reaches its destination in one piece.
Wedding cakes will be delivered and set up at the chosen venue. Please ensure that there is someone to receive the cake upon delivery and that the venue are clear on how and where the cake will be displayed, and that the table or stand is suitable for the cake. Please ensure that any cakes are kept away from a direct heat source (or kept in a cool part of a marquee for example). Once the cake has been set up and signed for we cannot take any liability for any damage to the cake after this point.
All cakes will be labelled with any allergens clearly marked. All of the cakes are made in an environment where nuts, egg, milk, gluten and other allergens are present. I cannot guarantee that any cake is entirely nut free although I will make every effort to ensure that allergies are accommodated. All cakes will have a full list of ingredients provided with all allergens clearly marked in bold.
Please note I cannot offer gluten free cakes as my cake studio is used for non gluten cakes, and I cannot completely rule out the risk of cross contamination.
You will receive a full individual quotation which is based on the design requested by you and will include the flavours and ingredients that will be used, and also the date and time that the cake will either be collected or delivered (for wedding cakes), it is your responsibility to check that the quote is exactly as you requested and make Cakes By The Sea aware immediately if there are any errors or changes that you want to be made to the design (which could alter the quote). I will endeavour to make any changes requested, however, last minute changes cannot always be accommodated.